NovaMundi is still available on Steam Early Access! GET IT NOW (or wishlist it) if you like what you see!
Development has resumed in full! The biggest addition for this version is the Perks system; you can now customize your runs by selecting different bonuses, penalties, or just variations of the universe.
This version ships with the following 4 perks
- Combat Blessing: +2 Bonus to attack for all units
- Vagabond Defect: -10 HP for all units
- Destiny traits
- Peaceful Lands: You’ll be attacked much less often by raiding parties
- Militia Only: Only “Guardian” units will be available (no Guecha Warriors or Archers)
- Known Lands: The location of the main towns will be known in advance.
Talking about combat, another important thing that is changing is a chance of its pace, taking some steps towards more “active” gameplay. For now, that means the battles start unpaused, in the future, we are going to add more visual feedback on the battle as we extend the combat rules to give it a little more depth (but not a lot! exploration will remain the focus of the game)
In more combat-related things, we fixed some issues with unit selection to allow combat between large parties
That’s it for today’s version! for next week we are planning to release important changes in the “cave exploration” system, providing some procedural Muisca dungeon crawling for your pleasure. It’s going to be big so don’t miss it!