TL;DR – Get the new version from Play Store, itch.io or play online
This is the fourth edition of The Kramora Times, you favorite and more reliable source for all Ananias-related information. You can now subscribe to receive this newsletter in your email too!
Ananias Version 1.76 released!
It’s been over two months since the last release of Ananias. I had set myself the goal of the next version going straight into Steam.
Alas, I have to change plans again… I jumped into some projects and I don’t feel I can handle the workload of the release and all that is related to it while responding to these other projects responsibly.
However, I have to say this is very close to the scope I have planned for Steam. May be next version will finally be it? I have been saying this for months now.
There were some important internal changes, specially in the packaging system (Using Cordova and Crosswalk without passing thru cocoon.io for much quicker development and release). They are likely to break things so I hope players are patient.
I also added an in-game manual (also accessible from the website, here). Bits of it are generated directly from the game source code, in order to keep it up to date! The wiki was also updated, with data generated from the game.
Another big thing is that you can now also generate tombstones for your characters and share them with your friends. See this one for example!
So, with all the work that went into this one, and given that I won’t be able to work back on the game for the following one or two months, I’m releasing this version. Check out the list of exciting changes below!!
- Standard Edition
- Any Device via the Official web version, just point your browser there and you’ll always get the latest version.
- Android via Play Store (Coming soon to Amazon App Store)
- Windows/Mac/Linux via itch.io (Coming soon to IndieGameStand, GameJolt and IndieDB)
- Fellowship Edition
- Android via Play Store
- Windows/Mac/Linux via itch.io (Coming soon to IndieGameStand)
- Allow unloading weapons
- Add conduct tracking:
- No scrolls used
- No spells used
- No potions used
- No bandages used
- No weapons used
- No armor used
- No kills
- No room unexplored
- Add Zinc potion to recover from paralysis, blind, confusion and hallucination
- Grant upgrade bonuses if 100% level explored
- Make deep level enemies stronger
- Tweaks on fleeing AI
- Add Sir Glenn NPC, guaranteed crossbow at level 7
- Generate tombstone page with player info on death
- Allow sharing tombstone page on twitter and facebook
- Add in-game manual you can check anytime, including bestiary
- Change UX for mixing reagents
- Play random dungeon music instead of tied to level
- Remove Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup title
- Make better use of space in dialogs in small screens
- Prevent unselecting pet when cycling thru shepherd
- Added extended title theme
- Add option to Exit Game on desktop
- Show stats when dying or winning
- Show level summary on completion
- Mouse movement in desktop with invisible arrows
- Prevent issue when throwing potions only 1 shot spent
- Prevent keyboard actions when modal dialog present
- Generate manual and wiki text automatically
- Added build scripts for web, android and desktop, including different level of audio quality.
Pending things for the release:
- Detailed GFX for weapons and armor. May be important, not sure if I’ll be able to get an artist for it.
- Adding more plot and may be even random stories. After talking with Thomas Biskup on the Roguelike celebration, I have reconsidered this and I think I should invest a bit on it.
- Stealth mechanics, make it so that monsters not always notice players (add fov) may be even add fov for players?
- Berserk tactics, extreme attack bonus when naked for some classes.
Also pending for this is the new trailer, preparing promotional material and setting up a Thunderclap campaign (probably). All these will require money so I hope I can get support for it from the hardcore Ananias believers!
Roguelike Celebration 2016 – A missed chance?
As described on a previous post, I went to this unique event on San Francisco last month. It was a great chance to meet roguelike developers and players.
Sadly, I missed this chance to promote the game in what was possibly the best targeted event in the world for Ananias’ potential players. I should have brought some info about it or pitched the game more… however time was pretty short, and I’m glad I got to share time with the amazing devs there at least.
Dumeril Sage statues: production halted
There have been some issues with the production of the Dumeril Sage statues… the process is just too hard for me to handle, I don’t have a partner who can take of all of it to deliver finished products and at a good pace. May be it’s not time yet for this. At least I have managed to deliver some of the statues to people I really esteem and I hope they are enjoying them.
An alternative I’m considering is having smaller statues and using 3d printing instead. It’s a bit expensive but may be much easier to handle.
For the t-shirts I am thinking on having an alternate design that can be printed on higher quality shirts (more durable). Thanks to all who already pre-ordered for your patience, I’m hoping to deliver a good quality product.
One thought on “The Kramora Times #4 – Ananias 1.76 released”