A lot of work went into adding support for Steam achievements using the excellent Greenworks library. This version includes 37 achievements and there are 10 additional ones I couldn’t add due to the API for progressive achievements not being available on Greenworks; the addition doesn’t look overly complex, however I would need to set up a complete dev env for it (right now I’m using their precompiled binaries).
The challenges are not steam exclusive, but they are only tracked right now on Steam (that means you’ll still see when you complete them on any other version, but they won’t be added to your profile).
I also bumped the version of nw.js to 0.20.3 (I think I had to do it in order for greenworks to work). This increased the size of the downloadable packages for desktop quite a bit.
I think I’ve ran out of Steam to work on Ananias for the moment… it’s been such a long time, and I’ve got a couple of projects to work in (for $$$) and also the rebirth of Expedition keeps haunting me day and night. Although the backlog is filled with feedback from players, I don’t think I’ll be able to tackle their suggestion for some months, so it’s now on maintenance mode where I’ll only be fixing critical issues.
This version also includes some small but important gameplay changes, see below for complete info.
Check out version 2.3.0!
- Standard Edition
- Any Device via the official web version, just point your browser there and you’ll always get the latest version.
- Android via Play Store
- Windows/Mac/Linux via itch.io, IndieGameStand and GameJolt
- Fellowship Edition
- Android via Play Store
- iOS via the AppStore (Submitted for review)
- Windows/Mac/Linux via Steam, itch.io and IndieGameStand
- Add support for Steam achievements via Greenworks
- Add 19 challenges (all linked to Steam achievements but also tracked on the other versions)
- Assault, Flintstone, Brave Chamo, “That comes handy…”, Caretaker, Shepherd, Die Hard, Dungeon Explorer, Breaking stereotypes, Burning stereotypes, “I gotta be the very best”, Dungeon diver, Sword collector, Super Shepherd, Die Hard II, Massacre, Legendary Shepherd, Genocide, “Was this supposed to be hard?”
- Add 16 “marks” as Steam achievements
- Discover the ruins of Ananias, Discover the Caverns of Chaos, Discover the Underground Lagoon, Discover the Crystal Caverns, Hero of Alchemy, Hero of Wizardry, Hero of Chivalry, Hero of Archery, Hero of Hack’n Slash, Hero of Soul, Hero of the Elements, Hero of the Mind, Hero of Humility, Discover the Lair of the Ancients, Discover the Darkness Abyss, Back to the roots
- Add 2 steam unachievements
- “Are you there?”, “Oh well…”
- Allow shooting over friendlies
- Show health description for enemies on inspector
- Prevent levels with far too many “big rooms”
- Increase max carry capacity to 30
- Drastically reduce chances for boosted Combat and Strength when fully exploring levels.
- Add intro track to intro
- Complete support for Steam overlay
- Keyboard support for:
- Using multiple selection dialogs
- Checking player and pet stats
- Navigating thru menus
- Additional Steam Achievements for Marks
- Detailed GFX for weapons and armor.
- Adding more plot and may be even random stories.
2 thoughts on “Ananias 2.3 released, challenges and steam achievements”