Here comes a big batch of work, prompted mainly by us participating in Crea Digital, a Colombia government grant/contest/thing, since some friends told us its guidelines are pretty in line with Expedition.
So we went into it… and after a lot of paper-work, we submitted on Thursday. Hope we can get these funds to pay for the much-needed artwork!
Besides the planning work, most of the dev was aimed to create an Alpha version showing a historical Muisca campaign. Muiscas is the culture that lived in Colombia before the Spanish came, I designed a scenario around the tragic legend of Pacanchique.
Here’s a video of the current alpha release!
There is another thing that changed now. So far I’ve been focusing on creating a “Demo” of the game to show it to potential publishers. That hasn’t worked so far and I’ve almost run out of resources to continue, so we are now looking forward to creating a fully playable version of the game, and publish it ourselves in case we cannot find a good deal, let’s see how far we can go with our own funds.
We are going to focus on a gameplay mode where you land at a procedurally generated island and you explore it to find discoveries (native cultures, artifacts, plants, and animals) while surviving dangers such as animals or savages. You need to build some outposts in order to recover your health and be able to push inland more every time.
Some other project news is the team is growing! we were joined by
David Flórez for art and 3D modeling and Juan Carlos García (QuietGecko) for SFX and Music. Along with the efforts of Paul Pereda and Camilo Ramirez, they were key in order to be able to complete the demo for Crea Digital, welcome guys!
- New Campaign “Sons of Bachué”, starting in Hunza with a party of Muisca spearmen.
- Sample terrain based on the Muisca Confederation territory.
- Add cities and temples to visit using their own test models.
- Add quest to visit Sugamuxi on a time limit
- Add Muisca map
Unit Selection and targetting
- Allow selecting units with a single click
- Show cursor in target location when moving units.
- Separated Camping and town building, you can now build outposts independently.
SFX and Music
- Add new SFX for combat
- Add new rain ambiance
- Add music for exploration with the Muisca civ.
- You can now camp/rest anywhere inland, not just in camps.
- Add a bonus to fatigue recovery if resting in a camp.
- Don’t increase fatigue while resting
- Display death notification of crew member including death cause
- Make player units move normally during combat regardless of fatigue
- Removed town name labels (testing to see what’s better)
- Added back temporary icons to the buildings in towns, temporarily.
- Keep faces of people in towns
- Added option to receive artifact in a conversation
- Change camera position on the title screen
- Added support for localization and Spanish bundle.
- Fix Pause system to use a state machine
- Remove the Pause button, redundant with settings.
- Lighter color for water during the night.
- Access settings by pressing the escape key
- Added cancel button to prompt popup
One thought on “Expedition: June 1 update”