Weather works now. I spent day 38 designing how to handle it and day 39 coding.
It works based on this table:
I decided to go for a simple state transition model instead of going completely atmospheric because… I think it will provide a “good enough” simulation! That doesn’t mean there aren’t some transitions tied to the world and expedition status (like terrain and temperature), but for the most, this table rules the transitions.
I think it works pretty ok (in conjunction with the storms, which I love).
- Add temperature calculation
- Increase storm chance on the doldrums
- Fix the stopper bugs reported
- Ensure the combat system is working decently (if not optimally)
- Adjust the GFX UI a bit
- Validate the Console UI is up to date and adjust for not-eye
- Implement Inventory screen on the GFX version
Aprox. Work Time: 126:00 (120:00+2:00+4:00)