We have been working on the tech demo for about eight weeks now.
There has been a lot of work on design and planning for the completion of the tech demo, including the test campaign. Some of the things we did since the last update:
- Test modal storm event, taking the player to a separate scene with rough waves.
- Make camera orbit the player following his heading
- Different levels of rain
- Test layout for 3D rendered cutscene
- Reactivate Minimap and include more position markers
- Show latitude and longitude minutes
- Surf effect for the ship on overworld mode.
- Tests for other units following the player while in land exploration
- Tests on appearance for Campaign Details screen
- Tests for soil and trees on the map
- Display wind direction and change randomly.
- Point of sail calculation affecting the ship’s speed. (Wind direction vs heading)
- Navigation from game to title screen.
- Ship info tooltip on the campaign details screen.
- Populate campaign details screen with a long list of crew members, including tooltips with their names.
The project’ artists have also been hard at work, delivered the first pack of art for the portraits, and a new cover art which we are still deciding if will be used for the title screen or for the website and marketing material.