The last update was from January 20. Development intensity has varied thru these months but we haven’t stopped and we keep getting closer to a playable version. Here are some of the things we have done.
- Changes in lighting and color grading.
- Add mist effect controlled by time of day and scenario.
- Add new model for explorer.
- Tween ambient light based on hour of day
- Activate town labels, fix scale and colliders.
- Tactical pause.
- Improved selected unit display
- Battle onboarding (First version)
- Pixel perfect unit selection in battle.
- Add Temple battle scene (and add support for multiple battle scenes)
- Support for both “party members” and “bulk” units.
- Limit camera movement to the combat area
- Separate combat scene and overworld lighting.
- Add shader to see units through obstacles.
- Add support for “ambush” and “faceoff” combat placements
Nueva Esperanza mode
- Restore access to hometown to supply expedition
- Display background image for hometown instead of 3D scene.
- Add some initial inventories to hometown
- Add quests to establish settlements with gold prizes on return
- Cash trade goods on return to hometown
- Preserve map between voyages.
- New settlement popup.
- New UI for Temple exploration.
- Reactivate camping with new UI.
- Add icon and info for the location
- Highlight items that are being transferred
- Add icons for units
- Batch transferring for some items.
- Start work localizing the Children of Bachue campaign to English (some infrastructure, still pending the bulk of translation work)
Music and Audio
- Integrate “Spanish” music to exploration and towns
- Remove “sailing” music (unified exploration theme)
- Add Sea Ambience
- Place stones as rubbish in grassland
- Place mountain models in terrain.
- Refactors in generators.
- Add Coast type map
- Fix additive texture painting
- Place native towns (WIP)
- Tweaks on forest placement and growth
- Visual improvements in trees
- Tests with low-poly forest blobs (discarded for now)
- Disable shadows for trees (huge performance cost)
- River shaders with animated texture and offset “flow” animation, as well as semitransparent blending
- Carve valley for river
- Add test river to generated terrain
Ocean and beaches
- Improved settings to allow translucency
- Improved seabed
- Tweak colors
- Limit ocean area instead of it expanding infinitely.
- Paint rocky beaches based on slope