NovaMundi is available on Steam Early Access! GET IT NOW (or wishlist it) if you like what you see!
It has been five weeks since the last update. A new version, v0.33.0, was published.
Gecko continues working on improving the audio of the game; the UI effects are almost completely covered, and we began experimenting with spot ambiences with the towns.
New Unit models
We decided to take the leap and remake the appearance of all the units; we are looking forward to abandon the previous “bulky” anatomies replacing them with more anatomically correct bodies with more details and higher texture quality.
We still need to add more variety to them, and we are still working in the Spanish units as well as the integration of these new units into the game (as well as improving the workflow to integrate new fragments and variations more easily)
The DevTeam at DevCom 2021
We participated in DevCom 2021 (pitching a separate game we are planning for 2022). However, we also did a devteam stream, talking about the (updated) history of NovaMundi.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
- The many shifts on theme for the project and their effect on the ongoing development.
- The current work in many facets of the game, as we approach the end of Early Access.
- The feedback we have received from the Early Access phase from streamers such as Nookrium and their communities, and how we have integrated it into the game. (including the work we have done to make the game feel more alive)
- Classifying NovaMundi as part of a genre. RTS? Survival? Strategy RPG? Roguelike?
- WarTales – we noticed it.
- Playing the current version of the game, some tips from the experts!
- New roles for upcoming non-combat units.
- Recent changes in exploration and navigation such as time compression.