We have been working on the tech demo for about six weeks now.
Some of the things we did since the last update:
- Labels hovering on towns with their name
- Decrease depth of field of view during night
- Torchlight during night
- Pause time button
- Show hour of the day
- Allow docking ship in town
- 3D town scenes (then ditched)
- Working compass
- Test title screen and flow
- Test event popups
- Test town Popup
- HUD relayout and temporary UI elements
- Test “New Campaign” screen and flow
Another aspect we also invested quite a bit of time on, was changing the whole water system to use a different library. Even tho we are not using all the features of the plugin (the entire refraction system, for instance), it has allowed us to display foam in the shorelines, create the Storm scene with big waves and simulating buoyancy on the ship, as well as some additional effects.