This version, of course, will be the closest thing to the original 7DRL Challenge entry, without any major content additions but rather focused on adding a Save/Load function and some important UX improvements. You can play it online here or here.
Your suggestions for improvements and content are also welcome in the community.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Save and Load games.
- Prevent overflowing of messages in the top text box.
- Change facing automatically. (Except if Shift is pressed).
- Select and use Axe or Pickax automatically when bumping into trees or rocks.
- Unify contextual actual with Pickup command.
- Improve nap/sleep prompt.
- Display response to prompt.
- Confirm craft with Ctrl or Space.
- Display “fatigue” instead of stamina.
- Don’t remember location of animals.
- Preserve wild animals as long as they are close to the player.
Audio (by Quietgecko)
- Added new melodies
- Adjust the timing of the melodies system
- Fixed some action SFXs not playing.
- Don’t faint at 2am, instead become sleepy and spend more stamina on night.
- Decrease more fatigue when taking a nap.
- Get more wood pieces per tree.
- Ensure at least 1 stone or wood are produced.
- Add “wooden gate” to crafting recipes.
- Big internal refactors to pave the way for future developments
Games are saved using my circular-functions library, along with lz-string to compress its output.