This is a MAJOR release from last one 🙂 PLAY ONLINE
It’s been almost a year, last one was August 15 2013… thousands of things have happened.
What can I say, I decided to shoot to finish it and made some hard choices in order to take it into the shipability route. It’s a completely different game!
Here’s a gameplay vid:
I have stripped a lot of functionality that was either incomplete or burdened the user experience, say goodbye to:
- Custom Player Creation – Was overly complex and offered little return for the player
- Weapon and Pilot Selection – Now they are tied to the ships, so you can jump quicker into the game.
- Wingmen – This was unfortunately not polished enough, it might go back into the game soon.
- Difficulty level selection – To streamline the game and make it easier to balance (balancing 5 difficulty levels was not fun and was a nuisance for players as well)
- Missions Mode – Was incomplete, buggy, unbalanced and unfun.
- Items Shop and consumable powerups and Batteries – They were not really useful in-game, plus I don’t like them as a monetization model.
- Experience Points: Not useful
- And many more other things
I also added two new tracks for the Title and GameOver screens, and changed resolution to 800×480 (was 900×650)
Additionally I debugged and reworked critical portions of the code
- Enemy AI modules
- Enemy spawning structures
- Sound Management
Ship purchases are currently broken since facebook seems to have completely changed how that works since it was functional last year; that might require a fair bit of work to get up and running again.
- Less N00b enemies, more smart ships
- Increase rate for Powerups
- Add intro sequence using big ships, a la Megaman
- Less Big Ships, and change sprite for a small robot
- Make enemies Lean forward and backward when changing altitude
- UFO type ships should lean forward to advance
- Lean forward or backward automatically when climbing or diving into planets
- Make allies smarter
- Bug: Keep music volume when looping and paused!
- Letters don’t look good in bright planetary backgrounds.
- Reduce SWF size (currently 8MB)
- Fix initial values for war status screen
2 thoughts on “Archerfire 0.40 released”
I love the continuous waves of fellow fighters. Will give it another shot. 🙂
Thank you! 🙂