As part of the commitments for the crowdfunding campaign, I promised there was going to be a free version and a premium version with added features.
I have been thinking what these features will be, basing myself on the philosophy of Adom Deluxe: The features of the premium version will be of added value for hardcore players, but the free game will remain complete and feature-full gameplay wise.
With that in mind, I’ve thought of the following features:
- Online saving: Ability to save your game in the game servers, to resume your journey in any device (say, start in your cellphone, then continue in your computer)
- Customizable Avatar: Allow selecting race, gender and features of your character (and save them in your account)
- Challenge Modes: Special modes enforcing gameplay restrictions for the hardcore players (for example: no pet, no potions, no armor…)
- Score ladders: Submit your final score to Ananias Server and compare it with your friends and enemies.
- Community Features: Be notified when your friends are playing and when they die.
- Online Competitions: Play the same dungeon layout with your friends and see who gets to the lower level.
- Social features: Share your story in the internetz.
Most of these new features depend on the development of Ananias web server, which I’ll be doing using node.js