I will be posting SPIDs (Slashie’s Project Idea Drafts) in the blog, they will be short ideas for games or other projects I may or may not develop into full projects. May be someone will be inspired by them and save me the trouble of developing them.
Back in 2008 I planned to do a Metal Gear themed roguelike for a game dev compo. Sadly I had no time for it.
- Infiltrate a base as a FOXHOUND special forces operative
- Explore the randomly generated multi-building jungle base complex.
- Stealthy rescue hostages and increase your rank
- Avoid guards, they are bad
- Find stealthy and not so stealthy weapons (Knifes, Handguns, Machineguns, Explosives and Rocketry)
- Destroy mass-destruction nuclear-warhead-armed gigantic Metal Gear mechas
- Meet new people and make friends with your transceiver.
Original thread at TigSource forums here