Ok, it’s finally done, it works! Download here
As usual, I forgot whatever lessons learned from last year and yet again tried to do something too big, I’m glad I could at least get a portion of what I wanted!
There’s no manual yet, but this should serve as an introduction:
In RULER, you are the ruler of one of seven tribes which destiny is to become civilizations, your goal is to make your people extend all along the land, and discover the marvels of science and technology…
Be careful though, because you can only count with your life and your loyal servants. If you die, you will never know what will happen to your civilization!
- Find a good place for your first 2 settlements, you want a place with food around (grassland, oceans and rivers are good places). You will watch your cities grow in time!
- Travel around looking for barbarian settlements to claim for you. Be careful not to run out of supplies! you can always go to one of your cities and refill.
- Influence your cities so that Tinkers are born and tech production starts
- Create units in your cities and Enlist them into your group, so that you can keep conquering and expanding!
- If you can’t create units, it may be because you don’t have enough resources! you can try trading resources from one settlement to another. Create a caravan (needs trader specialists) and load resources from a settlement, travel to the destination settlement and establish a trade route to exchange resources!
- Create sea unit and add them to your group to travel the seas!
- Create workers and build roads between your cities
Invested a lot of time trying to get a working Civilization AI, in the end… it works, but it’s not guaranteed to live for long :), I also added units from Stone to Future Age, and 7 civilizations.
I will release the source code, just in case anybody wants to contribute!
Congratulations to all the 7DRL Winners!
Aprox Work Time: 33:30 (25:30 + 8:00)