This is the fifth edition of The Kramora Times, you favorite and more reliable source for all Ananias-related information. You can now subscribe to receive this newsletter in your email too!
Version 2.0, released last week, didn’t have many gameplay changes since 1.81 was meant to be the final version gameplay wise before 2.0, still there were important changes on User Experience. This version was released exclusively on Steam so other platforms will be upgraded from 1.81 to 2.1
Version 2.1, on the other hand, comes with important gameplay changes making the game much more challenging and making pets more useful. It also brings the big directional pad for mobile, a long requested feature.
Full changelogs below!
- Standard Edition
- Fellowship Edition
Version 2.0 changelog
- New title screen
- Relayout desktop UI
- Revamp Statues Collection panel
- Add option to toggle full screen on settings menu for packaged apps
- Remove “Alerts nearby enemies” message
- Add “yelling” message when charging
- Tweaks on “step” sounds (less annoying)
- Activate keyboard for mobile
- Prevent issue with keyboard commands being used in the middle of a game turn
- Fix issue with duplicate events causing the title screen to resurface (!)
- Fix issue with description for empty weapons requiring ammo
Server / Stability
- Add http request timeout monitor
Version 2.1 changelog (see below)
- New default “Follow” command and intent for pets – They’ll stick to you instead of charging towards enemies.
- Prevent pets from returning early to rooms almost immediately if commanded to flee.
- Reduce damage rolls for offensive spells from (3 x Spell Level + Magic Power)D3 to (2 x Spell Level + Magic Power / 3)D2
- Prevent Wands damage from being affected by tactics
- Randomize damage minimum damage 1 to 3 after armor absorption
- Add skilled fighter enemies who have more chances to hit unarmored body parts
- Change starting weapons for Sage, add staff instead of Wand
- New UI for mobile portrait including big directional pad
- Left click to check monster info
- Prevent items with long names to overlap title with description when examining
- Fixes on combat SFX
- Remember full screen preference
- Autosave when entering new rooms
- Greatly enhanced request validation for server operations
iOS release at last?
Version 2.1 has been submitted to the AppStore for review, waiting for news!
First week on Steam
So far the game has been well received, with around 300 units sold this week
We need more reviews though! Please post a review there if you like the game, it’s really important in order for more people to notice the game.
IGS and itch.io buyers can now obtain their steam keys from either the game wallet or library, please contact me if you have any issue with it.
At long last I managed to release to Steam, and the iOS version should be available next week (now on App Review), however there are still some things to tackle:
- Full Keyboard support: We are almost there, following are the pending things which will be tackled in priority order
- Being able to target ranged attacks
- Using items on inventory
- Navigating thru menus (may be not that important)
- Steam Achievements
- Detailed GFX for weapons and armor. Considering doing these with the new project artist, PixelJeff. Gotta make sure we are able to keep the same graphics line.
- Adding more plot and may be even random stories. After talking with Thomas Biskup on the Roguelike celebration, I have reconsidered this and I think I should invest a bit on it.
There’s lots more smaller things which I keep adding based on feedback on the Steam community, reddit, emails and other places, please keep it coming for Ananias to become even better!
Made for the Steam and iOS releases, the new trailer is now available. It retains the same script and voice over from the last one, but replaces the illustrated scenes with pixel art. The gameplay sections are of course updated too.
New Cover Art – Sneak peek
This new cover art will be used in the future Deluxe Boxed Edition. More details to come soon.
Dumeril statues production is still frozen. I’m contacting a company in the United States which can handle the production and distribution.
A new batch of Ananias t-shirts is available for shipping in Colombia. International orders via redbubble are still available.
I’m also preparing an additional set of merchandise with a local artist… more info to come.
Apart from the imminent release to the AppStore, I’ve also submitted the game to GoG.com and the humble store. Waiting for news from them.