Decided to go back to PokemonRL because IT WILL BE AWESOME. Tomorrow I’ll change my mind again.
Scribbled a rough plan in my notebook on the morning:
- Deploy poke
- Make poke fight wild poke
- Catch poke
- Use potions on poke
- Buy potions
- Generate map based on pokemon red
- Spawn wild poke
- Town maps: Simple building placement
- Gym maps: Single room with leader, door closes when entering. Badge appear when all pokemon defeated.
Did a lot of boring work the whole day. But then managed to complete rudimentary inventory management, using and dropping items for JSBoilerRL.
Started tinkering around level generation. As usual will take a layered approach based on examples to generate a cool pokemap. Following is the generators cascade:
- World Metadata Generator: Towns to place, name and theme / weather
- World Grid Generator: Town and road positioning and linking.
- Map Generator: Town-Route maps
- Every town will have a gym where you battle the leader to get the badge.
- Wild pokemon will be placed on the routes.
- All locations will be accessible (no route blocking)
There will be no caves / dungeon / towers.
Managed to advance on map generation based on fixed metadata
This is the current status, next up is completing a first iteration of basic map generation (including routes), in order to jump into combat.